Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Deep Dark Woods. responses reactions 1

I'm absolutely loving writing this new piece. It is providing me with new opportunities i haven't been able to explore before. I love the guitar, it's such a rich timbre. and every time I hear this performed I am more and more satisfied with it.
anyways,
I don't blog enough about the suggestions I get in class, so this is exactly what that is. And it works out perfectly because I was eating up every single comment/suggestion I got yesterday.

The piece is quite guitar heavy at this point, and as Dr. Ross pointed out, everything has a roll except for the cello and after considering this comment I agree. The bass is obviously doing a bass roll and the guitars are in the forefront, however the cello was just kind of floating around serving different purposes, just kind of being a loose cannon.

well I fixed this pretty well. I really like what I have, so most of the A section cello stuff is the same, however I've developed an entire new B section, and in this section, the cello and the bass have a ton more rhythmic interplay and have in a way become the counter duo to the guitars.

There are many other things I have altered/changed, but stay tuned to the next blog, for there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment