Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fin

This course marks the end of my composition courses at memorial. When I started by taken Mus. 3100 over a year ago, I couldn't have imagined the music I would create over the next year or so. This really gives meaning to what Dr. Ross always says, that like anything else, to get good at it you just have to practice. I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to present my ideas to my classmates and get feedback in a comfortable environment.

Since last fall, every moment of my spare time has been occupied by composition. I continued to compose music during last Christmas, throughout the summer as well. The more I composed, the more music I listened to to steal ideas from, the more I realized what type of music I want to compose, the better I would become at composing.

While it is very sad that I may never take another composition course at memorial, I am relieved for now to not feel the need to compose any music (for a little while anyways) and I can just relax and maybe play music for a little while (something which always gets tossed to the back burner).

No comments:

Post a Comment