Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Importance of form

After presenting my piece on tuesday, I feel like I felt the same way about my piece as some of my class mates. I have some good ideas, but they dont seem to go anywhere.
Musical form to me, in the past little while, seems to be growing hugley in importance to me. I never considered it much before, but as I listen to music, and compose my own I am beginning to realize how big of a difference the form can make. I really like my ideas, and I think that they are good ideas...but how long I am able to repeat those ideas and the way i repeat them I beleive will either make or break my compositions.
The good thing is that I trust myself to know when an idea gets boring, and that I have the creativity to alter, or introduce some change to keep the listener engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment